Wigs continue to be popular all over the world. It can not only protect natural hair, but also enhance women’s appearance. There are many ways to install wigs, such as glue, tape, sewing and so on. Each method has distinct benefits and drawbacks of its own. Today, we will take you through the sewing wig and how long this wig can last.
What is sew-in wig
Sew-in wig is a method of wig installation to weave the nature hair into a small braid and then sew the wig on the braid. This way of installation is suitable for women who have sensitive skin and can’t use glue, and also suitable for women who sweat easily. For these women, the suture method is more fixed and safer to the skin than glue or tape.
Advantages of sew-in wigs
- Compared with other wigs, sew-in wig is usually cheaper and can be worn for a long time with one sewing.
- Sew-in wigs do little damage to the hairline, especially if you don’t know how to apply and remove the wig adhesive.
- Sew-in wigs make it look more natural and feel like your natural hair.
- Sew-in wigs are more stable when you sweat a lot or swim.
How Long can a sew-in wig Last?
If you take good care of your wig, you can wear it until you start to feel uncomfortable. For example, when your hair feels itchy or your braid is too loose, which makes your wig fall off, you can take it off. Usually, you will re-sew and reinforce the wig every 6 -12 weeks.
How to make your sew-in wig last long？
- 1. Clean sew-in wig correctly.
You should gently clean your sew-in wig. You should be gentle when you wash your hair. You’d better use sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner, which will do the least harm to your wig hair. Proper washing of sew-in wigs can help hair last longer and maintain its gorgeous luster and texture.
- 2. Choose high-quality hair quality
You need to wear sew-in wig with high-quality hair. High-quality hair is the key to making your sew-in wig last. The best hair quality is 100% human hair.
- 3. Use top-grade hair products
When you care for your wig, you can use sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner, which can make your hair healthier softer and more manageable.
- 4. Swim with sew-in wig
When swimming, you should remember to wear a swimming cap to prevent contact with chlorinated water, which will make the hair lose its natural moisture, become dry and tangle or fall off.
- 5. Deep conditioning
You can give the sew-in wig once a week. For the process, you can soak sew-in wigs in warm water with lots of conditioner. Let stand for about 30 minutes, rinse all shampoo and conditioner off thoroughly, and then please let the wigs dry naturally.
- 6. Wash your hair regularly
Your sew-in wigs should be cleaned at least once every two weeks. Avoid too much or too little shampooing. It’s important to keep your hair clean. Regular shampooing helps to keep your hair shiny and textured.
- 7. Apply heat insulation agent
When styling sew-in wig, you should apply heat protection agent to your hair to prevent it from being damaged by heat. At the same time, you should use the lowest gear of the heat setting tool.
- 8. Night protection
When you sleep, you need to wrap sew-in wig in a silk nightcap, so that your hair won’t tangle easily when you sleep.
Tips to wash your sew-in wigs correctly
- Before washing, use a wide-toothed comb to smooth out the hair.
- Do not wash your wig in hot water.
- Use non-irritant shampoo and conditioner, such as the sulfate-free hair products.
- Do not make conditioner on the hair roots.
- Be careful to do the wash and rinse the hair to remove all the shampoo and conditioner.
- With a fresh towel, squeeze out the extra moisture from the wig.
- To dry at room temperature, hang your wig loosely on a wig stand or a spray bottle.
- Never try to use a strong hairdryer to quickly dry or comb a damp wig.
How to remove wig seam or knitting seam?
Usually, the process of removing sew-in wig is more complicated than installing the wig. We suggest that you can ask your good friend or a barber for help. You can also choose to use scissors to remove sew-in wig, be careful not to damage your natural or wig hair.
Hope this guide can give you the best help to solve your problems. And our hair shop is doing promotions now. So many kinds of wigs are ready to reduce the prices for sales. Come on and do a try.