Winter has arrived, which is the season when cold and dry hair problems are easy to happen. Your natural hair or wig are prone to some hair problems, which will make you irritable. You need to recognize, prevent and solve these hair problems so that your hair will last longer, be more shiny, healthy and beautiful. You will learn about 5 common hair problems and their solutions in today’s blog, and we will also share some common winter hair care tips at the end of the article. I hope this article can help you maintain your hair in winter.
5 common hair problems you should know in winter
Winter is the season with frequent hair problems. Five hair problems are extremely easy to occur, and they are also problems that we need to prevent and try to solve. To maintain your hair, you need to know them carefully and do corresponding work.
1. Static hair
- Static hair is the most common hair problem in winter. The air is dry, and your hair can easily generate and absorb electric charges through friction, which can easily lead to hair disorder. For example, when you wake up in the winter morning, your hair is messy. Your hair is also easy to get irregular due to electrostatic reaction caused by friction with air.
- In winter, dandruff is more likely to appear on the heels of your hair. White dandruff will affect the appearance of your hair and falling on your shoulders will also affect the appearance of your clothes. Cold weather leads to dry scalp and even excessive irritation, which will aggravate your dandruff. If you are wearing a wig, this situation will be better.
3. Tangled hair
- In winter, due to the dry weather, this will aggravate the dryness of your hair, which will make your hair more tangled. The tangles of your hair are often related to your combing and hair care products. Therefore, if you need to solve the problem of tangled hair in winter, you often must start from many aspects.
4. Dry hair
- When your hair lacks moisture, your hair will be dull, fragile, split, or even broken and fall off. These are the hazards of dry hair. The appearance of dry hair is often related to cleaning and heat setting wigs, and the cold air in winter is also one of the reasons.
5. Itchy & dry scalp
- In winter, the temperature is low, and the moisture content is low, which is easy to cause the water loss of scalp and hair, and it is difficult to supplement it, which will lead to dryness and itching of scalp. When you scratch your head to relieve itching, you will also do secondary damage to your hair and scalp, causing more itching and hair shedding.
How to handle the 5 common hair problems
For static hair:
1. Use a wooden comb
You should avoid using plastic and metal combs. Wooden combs are the best way. You can use wide-toothed combs. These operations can help you reduce static electricity generated by friction, thus protecting your hair.
2. Use microfiber towel
You should use microfiber towels to reduce the friction on your hair and protect your hair from static electricity. Microfiber towel can reduce the pulling on hair, thus making hair smoother and reducing static electricity.
3. Use ion blower
You can use a special ion hair dryer to help you dry your hair at the lowest temperature. It blows out negatively charged ions, which can neutralize the static electricity in your hair and balance the electricity quality of your hair, which will reduce the damage to your hair.
4. Use soft silk goods
You can wear or use soft and smooth silk, such as hats, pillows and beds, which can reduce friction and static electricity.
5. Braid your hair
When you go out, you can knit your hair, which can reduce the contact between your hair and cold air, reduce static electricity, and keep your hair in a better shape. If you spread your hair out completely, it will be bad. It will easily attract more static electricity and make your hair irregular.
For tangled Hair:
1. Comb your hair correctly
You should comb your hair gently with a wide-toothed comb. Be careful not to pull your hair hard and be patient.
2. Braid your hair
Loose hair tends to rub with cold air or your clothes, resulting in tangles. You can braid your hair to reduce friction.
3. Correct removal of tangles
You can use exfoliating spray or essential oil to help remove the tangles in your hair.
4. Wash your hair in time
You need to avoid too many pollutants in your hair. You need to clean your hair in time to keep it clean. However, you should be careful not to over-wash, which will aggravate the dryness of your hair, but is not conducive to your hair maintenance.
For dry hair:
1. Use sulfate-free shampoo
You should use shampoo without sulfate to clean your hair. Sulfate is a chemical component that has a big side effect on hair. Although it is beneficial to remove pollutants, it will also dry the scalp and hair. You should use other mild shampoo products with the same cleaning effect.
2. Use moisturizing deep conditioner
You should have a deep conditioner with good moisturizing effect, which will increase the moisture of your hair, then make your hair healthier and shinier, and reduce the risk of dryness and tangles.
3. Use silk nightcap
You can wear a silk nightcap when you sleep, which can protect your hair well. If you are wearing a wig, you can take it off, apply mild conditioner or moisturizer, and put it on the wig holder.
4. Use room humidifier
The cold and dry air in winter is very annoying. You can install a humidifier in the house, which will make your indoor air more humid and not easily hurt your hair.
5. Reduce heat setting
You need to reduce the heat setting of your hair. High temperature will make your hair drier, so your hair and scalp, which are not moist enough, will be further hurt.
For itchy scalp:
1. Hair products containing silicone oil
You can use products containing silicone oil to moisturize and maintain your scalp.
2. Hair products containing anti-inflammatory and moisturizing ingredients
You can use anti-inflammatory and moisturizing hair products to help you relieve itching, and avoid secondary injury caused by itching your hands or other ways.
3. Apply coconut oil to scalp
Before you wash your hair, you can apply a proper amount of coconut oil on your scalp, let it stand for 15 minutes, and then wash your hair. This will moisturize your scalp and prevent dryness.
4. Use tea tree oil
After you wash your hair, you can apply tea tree oil on your scalp. The antifungal properties can help you reduce itching and increase the nutrition and humidity of your scalp.
5. Wash hair with warm water
You should wash your hair with warm water instead of hot water and cold water.
6. Don’t apply conditioner to hair roots
When you wash your hair, be careful not to apply conditioner to the hair root, which will dry the scalp and aggravate itching.
1. Oily hair products
You can use oily products to moisturize your scalp, and usually pay attention to the cleanliness of your hair and wash it in time.
2. Healthy life schedule
You can keep your good attitude, reduce staying up late, and have a healthy life schedule. These steps can reduce your dandruff very well.
This blog can help you better maintain your natural hair or wig in winter. Wig is a good choice in winter. It can help you protect your natural hair and reduce the hair problems of your natural hair. A high-quality wig will give you a very natural appearance, and you can wear it with peace of mind and safety.
Our wig shop is doing activities recently, and 100% human virgin hair wigs are selling like hot cakes. They are of various types, with different shapes, colors, lengths and so on. You can find the style you like. Welcome to check and buy.